Fans argue Disney to re-alive the Daredevil on Disney+
Daredevil is one of Netflix’s Most Popular and critically acclaimed Show. But, despite being provably well-received and allegedly very popular, the show got canceled shorty after its third season debuted on Netflix, and Daredevil Season 4 was cut off.
It got canceled not because it was a flop, but Disney (who owns all the Marvel show rights) break their tie-up with Netflix as Disney keen on launching their own lineup of MCU programs exclusively on their streaming site Disney+
Hence, The #SaveDaredevil movement has been alive since the show’s cancellation in 2018, but the movement has begun trending again after the rights reverted back to Marvel from Netflix this November. The fans argue Disney to re-alive the Daredevil season 4 on their Disney+ platform. The Petition calling for its renewal was started and the #SaveDaredevil campaign began trending on social media.
— Clark Gregg (@clarkgregg) November 29, 2020
Another star after the Vincent D’Onofrio has lent their voice to the #SaveDaredevil movement, with Clark Gregg tweeting his support in saving Netflix’s Daredevil.
What we Know so Far after Daredevil Cancelled in 2018
- Marvel Television has auctioned off various props seen in Daredevil and the Red Daredevil suit worn by Charlie Cox’s Matt Murdock is one of them. However, the iconic Daredevil suit was purchased by none other than Daredevil showrunner Steven DeKnight. So does Daredevil suit is very much home and If Disney wants to find it they know where to look for it.
- Marvel Kevin Feige is not a fan of Marvel Television shows like Daredevil, Punisher, Defenders, etc
- Disney+ already announced upcoming Marvel Shows and it looks like there is no plan or slot for shows like Daredevil. The Upcoming Marvel projects are WandaVision, The Falcon and the Winter Soldier, Loki Hawkeye, What If, Miss Marvel, Moonlight, and She-Hulk.
- If we talk about the most challenging aspect of bringing Netflix’s Daredevil to Disney+ is the Dark tone of the show. While Disney’s streaming content is highly focused on family-oriented content, on the other hand, Netflix’s shows have a more mature tone on the violence or in language aspect, something which Disney has been restraining to introduce on its streaming platform.
- According to Charlie Cox who originally played Matt Murdock on Netflix Daredevil Show, “Daredevil” Season 4 would be nearly impossible to pull off because the majority of the cast and crew have moved on, and getting everyone’s schedules lined up would be too difficult. The actor said, “When you make a television show, it’s so complicated, and people’s schedules are so difficult, and contracts are so difficult. So that’s why when, as an actor, when you sign onto a TV show, you sign six years of your life away. Because, if you don’t do that, it becomes too complicated to try and get all these moving pieces.” said in an interview given to Comicbook.
Daredevil Starring Charlie Cox, Deborah Ann Woll, Elden Henson, and Vincent D’Onofrio received critical acclaim for most of its run. While “Daredevil” was among the six Netflix-Marvel series that got canceled after the launch of Disney+ in November 2019. The other Netflix Series included “Iron Fist,” “Luke Cage,” “Jessica Jones,” “The Punisher,” and “The Defenders” has been Axed from the Netflix platform.
Do tell us in our comment section how badly you want Disney to Revive Daredevil Season 4 with the #SaveDaredevil hashtag